Simply put, digital marketing could be defined as the marketing of your business by means of digital media with the help of electronic devices. The digital media consists of internet & mediums powered by the internet such as websites, apps, emails etc.
In recent years India has witnessed a huge surge in the number of people using the internet. India is one of the biggest smartphone markets, thanks to faster & cheaper internet. Due to the smartphone revolution, the number of people using the internet (the primary media for Digital marketing) has increased considerably. There are around 65 crore Indians using Mobile Phones & nearly 30 crores of them are using smartphones according to a recent survey by Counterpoint Research.
Following are some of the eye-opening figures of internet & social media users in India:
- Internet users in India to reach 50 crores by June 2018 a report by IAMAI and Kantar IMRB
- Facebook users in India: 27 Crores as of April 2018 (Source – Statista)
- Instagram Users In India: 5.9 Crores as of April 2018 (Source – Statista)
- Linkedin Users in India: 4.5 Crores as of Dec 2017 (Source: CNBC-TV18)
Components of Digital Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay per Click PPC (Google Adwords, Bing etc)
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing (Blogs, Videos, Online Brochures, Engaging Posts)
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
Digital marketing is one of the most powerful tools to grow your business exponentially & there’s no doubt that those who are willing to grow will embrace it sooner or later.
Hope this article gives you an outline of the digital marketing. Any questions or queries are most welcome. Our next article will throw some light on WHY Digital Marketing. Stay tuned!